Application Due Date: TBA
All Local Emergency Planning Committees in South Dakota.
Eligible Planning Projects and Expenses
- Hazmat Plans: Development, improvement, and implementation of emergency plans required under Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), as well as exercises which test the emergency plan. Enhancement of hazmat emergency plans to include hazard analysis as well as response procedures for emergencies involving transportation of hazardous materials, including radioactive materials.
- Commodity Flow Studies: An assessment of hazardous materials risks within a county, to include flow patterns of hazardous materials transportation, and development and maintenance of a system to keep such information current.
- An assessment of local response capabilities.
- Conduct of emergency response drills and exercises associated with emergency preparedness plans. For participation in exercises, personnel expenses, overtime, travel, and per diem will not be allowable expenses. Equipment rental and purchase of supplies will be allowed, depending on the reasonableness of the proposal.
- Technical staff to support the planning effort. (Staff funded under planning grants cannot be diverted to support other requirements of EPCRA).
- Additional activities the South Dakota Office of Emergency Management and the USDOT Associate Administrator for Hazardous Materials Safety deems appropriate to implement the scope of work for the proposed project plan and approved in the grant.
Grant Application Guide
Organization: South Dakota Department of Public Safety
Contact Name: Doug Hinkle
Contact Phone: (605) 773-3231