Deadline for applications is 5 p.m. Eastern Time. Late applications will not be accepted.
Have Last-Minute Questions or Problems?
If you have last-minute questions about applying for a FP&S grant, or are having technical problems with the electronic application, call the Help Desk at 1-866-274-0960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Help Desk staff will be on hand to help applicants through the end of the application period.
It's Not Too Late to Start Your Application
- Having computer or technical problems? Problems such as expired passwords, technical malfunctions, or loss of internet access, will not be accepted as excuses for late submissions. If you are having a technical problem with submitting your application, you must report the problem to the Help Desk before the application deadline of 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Formal submission of the completed application is required. Many applications appear to be nearly complete or are 100 percent complete but have not been submitted formally into the electronic e-Grant application system. No application will be processed automatically or considered for funding unless the applicant properly submits the request and receives a subsequent e-mail confirmation.
- No confirmation e-mail received? If you have submitted your application but not yet received an e-mail confirmation in your e-Grant application mailbox, contact the Help Desk at once at 1-866-274-0960. All applicants should receive an e-mail confirmation to document their submissions.
- Download and read the FY 2012 Fire Prevention and Safety Grants Funding Opportunity Announcement. It explains the purpose of the grant program, activities eligible for support, eligibility criteria, award criteria, application instructions, and Federal requirements for grantees.
- Visit the Fire Prevention and Safety Grants web page on the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Website (www.fema.gov/firegrants) and use the additional application resources below to help you develop your grant application.
- Complete your application at the AFG E-Grant Application Access page: https://edit.fema.gov/e-grant-application-access.
- Formally submit your application by Friday, January 18, 2013, 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
Contact the AFG Help Desk, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, by calling toll-free 1-866-274-0960, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Help Desk Specialists will be available to answer questions throughout the application period.