Now allowable for grants which utilize the AEL/SEL!
AEL / SEL Number: 09ME-03-BCNI
Title: Monitor, Blood Chemistry, Non-Invasive
Description: Non-invasive medical device used to monitor blood levels of substances such as methemoglobin and carboxyhemoglobin.
Check out the Rad-57 CO-Oximeter on the RKB (Responder Knowledge Base): www.rkb.us/contentdetail.cfm?content_id=173452
Noninvasive Measurement of Methemoglobin, Carboxyhemoglobin, Oxyhemoglobin and Pulse Rate in seconds!
Masimo is proud to introduce the next breakthrough in noninvasive patient monitoring; Masimo Rainbow SET™ Pulse CO-Oximetry™. Rainbow technology combines the latest in system theory, adaptive signal processing and a revolutionary sensor that employs 7+ wavelengths of light to collect and analyze an extraordinarily rich stream of physiological data. Sophisticated processing of this data permits Rainbow SET’s unique ability to accurately measure carbon monoxide (SpCO™), methemoglobin (SpMet™) and potentially other future parameters.
- Masimo SET® pulse oximetry: proven accurate during motion and low perfusion in more than 100 independent clinical studies*
- Masimo Rainbow SET™ technology analyzes 7+ wavelengths of light to accurately measure carboxyhemoglobin (SpCO™) and methemoglobin (SpMet™) percent levels in the blood noninvasively and continuously
- Eliminates the risk of misdiagnosing unsuspected CO poisoning as flu or fatigue
- Detects potentially life-threatening acquired methemoglobinemia
- Quick and easy to use - requires no user calibration and does not require special patient cooperation or consciousness
- Complete replacement for existing pulse oximeters with continuous monitoring of SpCO®, SpMet™, SpO2, Pulse Rate, Perfusion Index, and SIQ®
- Available with SpCO and SpMet, SpCO only or SpMet only (in addition to standard Masimo SET parameters: SpO2, Pulse Rate, Perfusion Index, and SIQ®)
- Rugged and lightweight - ideal for any field or hospital setting
*References available upon request
- Revolutionary hardware and software analyzes 7+ wavelengths of light simultaneously to accurately measure Carboxyhemoglobin (SpCO) and Methemoglobin (SpMet) percent levels in the blood within seconds, noninvasively
- Designed for continuous or spot check applications
- User configurable power up default settings
- Four AA alkaline batteries deliver up to 8 hours for continuous monitoring of SpCO, SpMet, SpO2, Pulse Rate and perfusion**
- Perfusion Index (PI) indicates arterial pulse signal strength and may be used as a diagnostic tool during low perfusion*
- Low Signal IQ® (SIQ) indicator highlights conditions of low signal quality
- FastSat® tracks rapid changes in arterial O2 with unmatched fidelity
- SmartTone™ beeps in sync with pulse, even under patient motion conditions
- Up to 72 hours of trending memory of SpCO, SpMet, SpO2, pulse rate and perfusion index
- Sensitivity options: APOD, Normal, and MAX
- Protective boot covers and carrying cases available in multiple colors
* De Felice et al. The pulse oximeter perfusion index as a predictor for high illness severity in neonate. Eur J Pediatr 2002 ; 161 :561-562.